Letterkenny Contracting Office
Providing a highly skilled professional workforce committed to acquisition excellence.
Letterkenny Contracting Office’s mission is to support the soldier around the world.
Doing Business with Letterkenny Army Depot
l. Question: Where do I learn how to do business with the Department of Defense (DoD) and Letterkenny Army Depot?
Answer: The Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) has an excellent website at http://www.acq.osd.mil/osbp/sb/dod.shtml (E)
Review “Doing Business with the DoD – Getting Started” and the subtopics
2. Know what you are selling.
Many government product/service listings and future procurements are broken down by North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) codes. http://www.census.gov/eos/www/naics/index.html (E)
3. Question: What do I need in order to do business with Letterkenny Army Depot?
Answer: Companies must have the following -
• A Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number. This is assigned by Dun & Bradstreet, Inc (D&B) to identify unique business entities.http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform (E) or call (866) 705-5711
• A Cage Code which can be requested from the Defense Logistics Services Center at this website: http://www.dlis.dla.mil/cage_welcome.asp (E)
• Current registration in the System for Award Management (SAM). The registration must be completed prior to award of any contract. Any time there is a change in status, it is necessary for the company to update their information. https://www.sam.gov (E)
• Online Representations and Certifications (ORCA) Application is completed at the System for Award Management (SAM) website. https://www.sam.gov (E)
4. Question: What does Letterkenny Army Depot purchase?
• Top 20 NAICS Codes:
333618 Other Engine Equipment Manufacturing
332813 Electroplating, Plating, Polishing, Anodizing, and Coloring
811118 Other Automotive Mechanical and Electrical Repair and Maintenance
336419 Other Guided Missile and Space Vehicle Parts and Auxiliary Equipment Mfg.
236210 Industrial Building Construction
336992 Military Armored Vehicle, Tank, and Tank Component Manufacturing
811310 Commercial and Industrial Machinery and Equipment Repair and Maintenance
335312 Motor and Generator Manufacturing
334419 Other Electronic Component Manufacturing
335931 Current-Carrying Wiring Device Manufacturing
541990 All Other Professional, Scientific, and Technical Services
333923 Overhead Traveling Crane, Hoist, and Monorail System Manufacturing
336350 Motor Vehicle Transmission and Power Train Parts Manufacturing
336390 Other Motor Vehicle Parts Manufacturing
333991 Power-Driven Handtool Manufacturing
333992 Welding and Soldering Equipment Manufacturing
325992 Photographic Film, Paper, Plate, and Chemical Manufacturing
334417 Electronic Connector Manufacturing
335999 All Other Miscellaneous Electrical Equipment and Component Manufacturing
332510 Hardware Manufacturing
• For a list of projected requirements, visit our Competition Advocate Shopping List (CASL) website:
Under "Major Items/Services Projections"; Query All
Select Office Name: Letterkenny Army Depot
Select any other key words, claimant codes, etc. you would like to sort by.
• Another source that may assist you in understanding the types of products and services that the Army purchases at http://www.sellingtoarmy.info/User/Misc/FSCSearch.aspx (E).
5. Question: Where are federal business opportunities posted (including those for Letterkenny Army Depot)?
Answer: Federal business opportunities (greater than $25K) are posted on http://www.fedbizopps.gov (E). This is a single point of entry for the federal Government and should be monitored daily. For opportunities valued between $10K and $25K, visit the Army Single Face to Industry (ASFI) website at https://acquisition.army.mil/asfi (E).
6. Question: What is the role of a small business specialist?
Answer: To act as an advocate to maximize small business opportunities in support of the depot’s mission.
7. Question: Who do I contact if I have questions about my contract?
Answer: For questions about your contract, contact the Contract Administrator assigned to the agency that awarded the contract. Vendors may also contact the small business specialist. Note: Have the contract number available prior to calling the small business specialist.
8. Question: How can I obtain assistance or training to prepare bid proposals or quotes?
Answer: The Small Business Administration (SBA) provides valuable information ( ), small business size standards and training resources .
Another resource is the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs) (E). PTAC Centers are located in most states and are partially funded by DoD to provide small business concerns with information on how to do business with the DoD. They can provide in depth counseling on marketing and financial and contracting issues to small business concerns at minimal or no cost. Click on the above link to contact your local PTAC office.
9. How do I become familiar with the Federal contracting procedures and regulations?
Answer: The following regulations govern contracting procedures within the Army and are available online.
10. Question: Who do I contact regarding the goods and/or services my company can provide?
Answer: Contact the small business specialist.
Contact Information: http://www.sellingtoarmy.info/User/Misc/SearchASBS.aspx (E)
Select “Contact” from the drop down menu
Select “Small Business Specialists” from the drop down menu
Type Command: “AMC”.
Letterkenny Army Depot Point Of Contact information is listed.
11. After you have viewed Letterkenny Army Depot’s website listing our products and capabilities and have identified that your company has capabilities that may satisfy Letterkenny Army Depot’s requirements, it is time to market your product or service. Present you capabilities clearly and concisely to Letterkenny Small Business Specialist and prime contractors to whom you are marketing.